Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wilton Class – 16 March 2010

It was another small class tonight, we eked out 3 couples, and it almost didn't happen. Start time is advertised as 7:30pm and tonight's actual was 8:20 or so.

Tonight's dances:
Kendall’s Hornpipe (32 J 2) Gr. 22
Miss Jane Muirhead of Dunsmuir (32 S 3) Dunsmuir Dances
Montgomeries’ Rant (32 R 3) 10/1
Glen Feshie (32 S 3) Grampian
On Hudson Creek (32 H 3) Between the Rivers
Sage and Salsa (32 M 3 set) J. Lataille - Still Enough to Dance
Flowers of Edinburgh (32 R 3) 1/6

**********

Miss Jane Muirhead of Dunsmuir – The first time I saw the directions to this dance my response was "uninspired". A few weeks later I actually danced it and the note on my card was immediately crossed out and the new one reads "very sweet". The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Montgomeries’ Rant – There is a reason why this a perennial favourite. It has been way too long since I last taught it.

Glen Feshie – I programmed this dance on the 2004 Kilts and Ghilllies Ball and I just can't believe six years have passed and I have taught it only once in that time (until tonight).
The secret for this dance is choice of music - I have been using the Peter White arrangement for Kendoon Strathspey. It is fun, doesn't take itself too seriously and leaves everyone with a light smile on their face, and they notice that. And they like the fit.

On Hudson Creek – Another night, another success. So far all four class (New Haven, Westchester, Wilton, Woodbridge) have given it high marks. I kinda figured it would be a good one and finally got it to fit on a program. It has been on my shortlist since August 2007.

No comments: