Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wilton Class - 9 March 2010

Tonight's dances:

Mole’s Frolic (32 J 3) Dunsmuir
Rakes of Auld Reekie (32 S 2) B. Priddey - Golden Oriole
The White Cockade (32 R 3) 5/11
Sage and Salsa (32 M 3 set) J. Lataille - Still Enough to Dance
The Caithness Heart (32 R 2) J. Attwood - leaflet
Winter Wonder (32 R 3) J. Lataille - Fun for All Seasons
Anna Holden’s Strathspey (32 S 2) 42/2
The Cadger’s Roadie (32 J 2) M. Zadworny - Aye Afloat

**********

Mole's Frolic – I have now taught this dance 13 times since 6 February 2009 and it continues to thrill me.

Rakes of Auld Reekie – The dance was looking very good tonight. The timing of the reels is finally beginning to fall into place for the Wilton dancers. Interesting thing though - I do not have a recording of North Bridge of Edinburgh so I am using The Earl of Northampton on Boston's Celebrate 50 Years CD. And dancers get mesmerized and forget what they are supposed to be doing when. The ball happens in 5 weeks and, at this point in time, I can only hope that the name tune works half as well as The Earl does.

Sage and Salsa – Still fresh, still fun, still medium hot.

The Caithness Heart – A nice simple dance but just different enough to keep me interested and it is on my shortlist for the next ball, so a keeper and then some.

Winter Wonder – Read my earlier comments - a keeper and also on the shortlist for our 2011 ball.

Anna Holden's Strathspey – A nice dance but it doesn't hold up to repetitions over time. I am thankful that the band and I have agreed to 3 couple sets and only 6 times through. Rounds 7 & 8 would be well on the way to boring.

The Cadger's Roadie – Yuck, what a disaster. Not the dances fault, ours. We all ran out of gas, myself included. The best thing to do is forgive and forget and come back to it at a later date.

No comments: