Tuesday, July 23, 2019

19 December 2018_Westchester

Upcoming events: Hogmany; Burns Night (everywhere!); New Haven Ball; Rerr Terr Ball; Kilts and Ghilllies Tea Dance; Boston Ball; and Pawling. And that is many of but certainly not all of what is coming.

So does the burden, no lets be honest here, the tyranny of ball prep seem to hover over all of our shoulders? I am reminded of the story about the sword of Damocles.

Enough of that and on to nicer thoughts.

The dances I presented tonight were:

Bottoms Up  -  (32 J 3/3L)  -  Rhodes
Itchy Feet  -  (32 J 3)  -  Walton
Christmas Candy  -  (32 S 3)  -  McKinnell
The Clansman  -  (32 R 2)  -  32/8 (Haynes)
The Lea Rig  -  (32 S 2)  -  21/5

-†- = -†-  +  -†- = -†-  +  -†- = -†-  + + +  -†- = -†-  +  -†- = -†-  +  -†- = -†-

Bottoms Up:-  Suggested by my co-conspirator SB for the Kilts and Ghillies Tea Dance. I never heard of it before so I needed to try it. It is a good wee simple dance but I found myself losing count which I usually don't do. So, rating? How does "Interesting" fit?

Itchy Feet:- This dance is becoming popular locally. It is fairly simple with only Set&Link3 to worry about.

Christmas Candy:-  I do not know now why I picked up on this dance but it has that 'something" on reading. I know we didn't choose it for the K&G program but there are many reasons why dances don't make a cut that usually have nothing to do with the quality of the dance. This one just made it back on my "For Consideration" list.

The Clansman:- Just because. It is on the NY Branch dance list and NY dancers need to be familiar with it.

The Lea Rig:-  Because I haven't done it or even seen it on a local program in a good 20 years!
Yes it was a bit over done. But there are so many newer dances who have never seen it and the music os too good to get lost. Just because I remember being burned out on it is not sufficient justification for never ever doing it again. And the repose was suitably positive.  So there!

No comments: