Friday, April 14, 2017

4 April 2017 –– New Haven

A Rescheduled event. My usual slot is at the end the month. Late March has become early April.

I was asked to do another, yet another, prep session for the Kilts and Ghillies Tea Dance.  It makes one suspicious of what the usual teachers of the class are doing. "We have a problem Houston" - communication wise.

Hence the existence of this Blog. I started it because I wanted to know what the other teachers in the branch were doing. I knew that someday I was going to be asked to do another ball program. (It still hasn't happened). And I only knew what I was teaching in my one class in the branch. Middletown? No idea. New London/Mystic? Unknown. Granby? Black hole.

So I thought that a blog, where all the teachers had editing/posting ability would fix that, Every week the teachers would post what they had taught, a simple list would do. Program devisors would then know what dances are being done throughout the branch.  Silly me. I sent invitations out to each and every teacher.  No one accepted the invitation. So, sadly, it defaulted to my private playground.

The lists on the strathspey server are a wonderful planning tool but not a good historical tool. Lists  allow you to see what was planned for a class. The dating feature extends that over time but unless it is for a set program it doesn't necessarily show what was actually taught/danced. For example my plans change depending on who actually shows up.

So, all the dances I taught were from the upcoming Tea Dance:-

Driving Through Eutaw  –  (32 J 3)  –  Leary
Swirling Snow  –  (32 S 3/3L)  – Taylor
Anderson's Rant  –  (32 R 3)  –  MMM
Saw ye my wee thing  –  (32 J 2)  –

The Johnsonville Diamond  –  (32 S 2)  –  Downey
More Bees A-Dancin'  –  (32 R 3)  –  Goldring
Chris Ronald's Strathspey  –  (32 S 3)  –  Wallace
Les Remparts de Séville  –  (32 J 3)  –  Latour (Bk 50)


No comments: