Wednesday, August 12, 2015

15 April 2015 - Westchester

Dances taught were:

Tine's Jig  (32 J 3)  E. Brunken
Ferrymead  (32 S 3)  H. Walker
Tambourine  (32 R 3) L. Bowen
Christine M Phillips  (32 J 3)  46/1

New Abbey  (32 S 3)
Duke of Atholl's Reel  (32 J 2)
Westminster Reel  (32 R 2)


***********

Tine's Jig - a nice little dance with nice music by Muriel Johnstone, Jim Lindsay and Keith Smith.

Ferrymead - a nice dance. I didn't like the way it read but I like the way it dances! Recommended.

Tambourine - another "thumbs up' dance

Christine M Phillips - I like it, so I teach it.  Someday the corners will wakeup.

New Abbey - A strathspey, or is it a jig, or is it both? Definitely what I call a 'throwaway'.

Westminster Reel - taught by Charlotte one of the area Teacher Candidates. I still like it - even after completing the TC's course.

No comments: